When you are sick, you naturally turn to medical professionals for care and treatment. Unfortunately, hospitals, doctors and nurses sometimes provide care that falls below the professionally accepted standard of care. When this happens, a patient may be caused to endure significant pain and suffering, even death, and be left with unpaid medical bills and lost income.
Common medical malpractice actions include the following:
- Failing to diagnose a condition or disease, such as breast cancer
- Performing an inappropriate or unnecessary surgical procedure
- Ignoring patient complaints and symptoms;
- Providing improper treatment
- Surgical and anesthesia errors
- Failing to order appropriate medical tests
- Failing to perform a proper physical examination
- Prescribing an inappropriate drug
- Prescribing an incorrect dosage of a drug
- Birth injuries
At Kramer, Dunleavy & Ratchik, PLLC, our attorneys have the experience and resources necessary to handle complex medical malpractice actions on behalf of injured patients. This is one of the reasons why many of our medical malpractice cases are referred to us by other attorneys, including other personal injury attorneys! We work closely with medical experts to review your case to identify departures from the standard of care on the part of the hospital or doctor so that we can provide you with a meaningful and honest assessment.